Want Free Money To Fix Up Your Old Town Lafayette House Or Yard?
APPLICATION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 1
The Lafayette Old Town Association Resident Committee (LOTA RC) is offering a competitive grant of up to $500 for a home or yard improvement project that meets the following criteria:
Eligible Locations (see map)
House located in Old Town between Baseline on North, Emma on South, Foote on East, and Bermont on West; OR between Elm on North, Baseline on South, Burlington on East, and Gough on West
Eligible Project Characteristics
- Visible from the street
- Helps to improve the appearance of Old Town
- Will be completed within 12 months of receiving notice of grant award
Examples: Landscaping, tree trimming, painting, window repair, chimney repair, roof replacement
- LOTA RC will reimburse you for your project cost, up to $500, within one week of your submission of project receipts (for materials and/or labor).
- LOTA RC will publicize this grant and your project in the local media, so you’ll have to be OK with being in the press.
- The occupant of the home (owner or renter) must submit the application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Grants are not available to members of the LOTA RC.
Criteria for Award (maximum 30 points total)
- Significant visual improvement to property from the street. Maximum 10 points.
- Use of original and/or energy- or water-wise materials. Maximum 10 points. Examples: Repair (rather than replacement) of existing historic materials; or water-wise landscaping, retention and/or planting of shade trees.
- Participation by owner/tenant OR use of a Lafayette-based business. Maximum 10 points.