Want Free Money To Fix Up Your
Old Town Lafayette House Or Yard?
Stay tuned for the 2016 Grant Cycle!
The Lafayette Old Town Association (LOTA) is offering competitive grants of up to $1,000 each for home or yard improvement projects that meet the following criteria:
Eligible Locations (see map)
• House located in Old Town between Baseline on North, Emma on South, Burlington on East, and Bermont on West
• OR between Elm on North, Baseline on South, Burlington on East, and Gough on West
Eligible Project Characteristics
- Visible from the street
- Helps to improve the appearance of Old Town
- Will be completed within 12 months of receiving notice of grant award
- Landscaping, tree trimming, painting, window repair, chimney repair, roof replacement
- LOTA RC will reimburse you for your project cost within one week of your submission of project receipts (for materials and/or labor)
- LOTA RC may publicize this grant and project in the media, so you'll have to be OK with being in the press
- The occupant of the home must submit the application; renter must obtain owner approval before submitting an application
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- A maximum of $2,000 is funded on an annual basis
Criteria for Award (maximum 30 points total)
- Significant visual improvement to property from the street. Maximum 10 points.
- Use of original and/or energy- or water-wise materials. Maximum 10 points. Examples: Repair (rather than replacement) of existing historic materials; or water-wise landscaping, retention and/or planting of shade trees.
- Participation by owner/tenant OR use of a Lafayette-based business. Maximum 10 points.
Download your application here: Grant Application