Want Free Money To Fix Up Your
Old Town Lafayette House Or Yard?
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 1, 2015
The Lafayette Old Town Association (LOTA) is offering competitive grants of up to $1,000 each for home or yard improvement projects that meet the following criteria:
Eligible Locations (see map)
• House located in Old Town between Baseline on North, Emma on South, Burlington on East, and Bermont on West
• OR between Elm on North, Baseline on South, Burlington on East, and Gough on West
Eligible Project Characteristics
- Visible from the street
- Helps to improve the appearance of Old Town
- Will be completed within 12 months of receiving notice of grant award
- Landscaping, tree trimming, painting, window repair, chimney repair, roof replacement
- LOTA RC will reimburse you for your project cost within one week of your submission of project receipts (for materials and/or labor)
- LOTA RC may publicize this grant and project in the media, so you'll have to be OK with being in the press
- The occupant of the home must submit the application; renter must obtain owner approval before submitting an application
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- A maximum of $2,000 is funded on an annual basis
Criteria for Award (maximum 30 points total)
- Significant visual improvement to property from the street. Maximum 10 points.
- Use of original and/or energy- or water-wise materials. Maximum 10 points. Examples: Repair (rather than replacement) of existing historic materials; or water-wise landscaping, retention and/or planting of shade trees.
- Participation by owner/tenant OR use of a Lafayette-based business. Maximum 10 points.
Download your application here: Grant Application